Lead & Steel Promethean LP-1 Duty Grade Red Dot Optic, Now With AuraWake!
After years of product development & destructive testing, Lead & Steel is proud to bring you the Promethean LP-1.
Combining cutting-edge material science & world-class manufacturing, the LP-1 is in a league of its own:
- CNC-machined 7075-T6 aluminum housing, hard-coat anodized to Type III MIL-A-8625.
- Protective 6061-T6 extruded aluminum “crumple” hood.
- Parallax-free LED, with unlimited eye relief.
- Large window for fast target acquisition (1.37″ x 1.04″).
- Lower 1/3rd (1.57″) height.
- Compatible with most lower 1/3rd magnifiers
- 0.5-MOA adjustment for windage & elevation.
- User-configurable circle/dot & red dot reticles (2-MOA dot, 65-MOA ring + dot, 65-MOA ring only).
- Powered by a single CR123A cell for 150,000 continuous runtime with 2-MOA dot reticle (Setting 5/10).
- Always on unless manually turned off; “set & forget” design.
- Seven daytime settings.
- NV capable, with three dedicated nighttime settings.
- IPX8 waterproof rating.
- Quick-Detach mount, returns to zero.
- Adaptable to 1913 rails.
- Limited lifetime warranty for original purchaser.
- Weighs 11.8 oz. without hood, 12.5 oz. with hood.
- Unit Size (LxWxH): 95mm x 57mm x 65mm
AURAWAKE: AuraWake is our patent-pending take on a safer implementation of shake-to-wake designs seen in the industry today.
Many optics will auto shut off after a set number of hours to conserve runtime. Accelerometers (small motion sensing devices) are commonly utilized in optics to activate them once the weapon is picked up. However, these devices may exhibit unreliability after heavy impact testing, and is why we initially decided against general shake-to-wake in the LP-1. However, we are now proud to announce AuraWake, our new partial shake-to-wake system that ties the accelerometer ONLY to the 65 MOA ring!
Simply put, after 5 minutes of non use, the LP-1’s outer CQB ring will “sleep,” yet maintain the 2MOA dot on at all times. This provides a constant, action-ready aiming reference that cannot be interfered with upon accelerometer failure, while significantly increasing runtime! It’s the best of both worlds, and is available for purchase now.