Upper Receiver Group, Enhanced:
Weighing in at <2.8lbs, the URG-E offers one of the most durable upper receiver assemblies in the industry. This is not a simple commercial offering; our uppers are made for high volume shooters that expect consistency and reliability with every shot.
Simply drop in your favorite 5.56 BCG and charging handle, or add our DLC enhanced BCG for further peace of mind, and get to shooting!
The patented 1:8 twist 5.56x45mm 12.5″ Midlength Nitride HM Defense MonoBloc barrel provides many advantages over the traditional gas block system. With the gas block integrally machined as part of the barrel, common AR15 gas system headaches are practically eliminated:
- NO MORE gas block leaks.
- NO MORE gas block misalignment.
- NO MORE set screws, loctite, pinning, etc.
- NO MORE varied thermal expansion coefficients.
- NO MORE impingement of M-LOK accessories against the gas block at the 6 o’clock position of the rail.
- NO MORE marrying a rail to a pinned and welded barrel – the barrel nut freely glides over the block, giving you the ability to swap rails with a P&W muzzle device.
The MonoBloc barrel solves nearly every gas system issue in the industry, and offers absolute peace of mind. Paired with our salt bath nitriding, the HM Defense MonoBloc barrel offers exceptional barrel life and corrosion resistance.
CMT Rail Features:
- 6061 Aluminum Free Float Rail
- 7075 Aluminum Barrel Nut
- Patented 17-4PH Cored Stainless Steel Rail mounting attachment
- Anti rotate tabs
- Does not contact or apply side loads to gas tube
- 1.315″ Inner Diameter of handguard
- MLOK Slots on all flat sides (7)
- 10.7oz total weight including mounting hardware
Aluminum anodizing might as well be wizardry. Color options will always have some variance in shade and hue. Please understand that Lead & Steel makes no guarantees on the exact shade/hue of brown or black that you purchase.
These uppers are manufactured as duty grade equipment. You may find evidence of our testing and QC protocol upon delivery. This is completely normal, and allows us to deliver an upper receiver that passes strict quality control.